- BankWest sends text messages for various banking alerts, including but not limited to:
a. Fraud and scam alerts,
b. Notices regarding downtime due to weather,
c. Equipment outages or pandemic response,
d. Any type of change in hours, or
e. Other banking service notifications
Message frequency varies based weather, equipment failures, and many other variables. Opting in to this service is not a condition to purchase other bank services.
- While BankWest does not charge for text messages, your wireless carrier’s standard messaging rates apply to SMS/MMS correspondence. Please contact your wireless carrier for more information about your messaging plan. Your carrier may impose message or charge limitations on your account that are outside of our control. All charges are billed by and payable to your wireless carrier.
- You represent that you are the owner, or authorized user of the wireless device you use to receive the service, and that you are authorized to approve applicable charges.
- We will not be liable for any delays or failures in your receipt of any text messages as delivery is subject to effective transmission from your network operator and processing by your mobile device. Text message services are provided on an AS IS, AS AVAILABLE basis.
- Data obtained from you in connection with this SMS service may include your mobile phone number, your carrier's name, and the date, time, and content of your messages and other information that you may provide. We may use this information to contact you and to provide the services you request from us, and to otherwise operate, develop, and improve the service. Your wireless carrier and other service providers may also collect data from your messaging usage, and their practices are governed by their own policies. We will only use the information you provide to the service to transmit your text message or as otherwise described in this document. Nonetheless, we reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation, or governmental request, to avoid liability, or to protect our rights or property. When you complete forms online or otherwise provide us information in connection with the service, you agree to provide accurate, complete, and true information.
- The service as well as the content and materials received through the service are proprietary to us and our licensors, and is for your personal, non-commercial use only. You shall not damage, impair, interfere with, or disrupt the service or its functionality.